Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let's start a new party...

I'm middle-aged - 45 years old. I confess that up until recently I didnt pay much attention to elections here in the United States - I was not part of the democratic process.

The reason was twofold. In my youth, I had the "Atlas Shrugged" syndrome.... or perhaps the "Mission Impossible" syndrome. I thought that United States politicians, whoever they might be, would always be the smartest, most intelligent, most common-sensical people on the planet, and that no matter who was in the White House, everything would be done properly and the United States would retain and exceed its preeminence in the world in education, defense, etc. etc.

I can hear your laughter.

Okay, after I realised...and I suppose I did come a bit late to the realisation...that all politicians are crooks intent on lining their own pockets...I still didnt participate because it didn't matter who was in the White House - they'd still be doing their best for the US while lining their own pockets.

So it's only recently that I've come to realize that there's a real danger of this country sliding into "Third-World-Hood", all caused by our President and Congress abandoning what should be this country's values.

One of those values should be that the United States of America is a country where English is the main language, and Christianity is the main religion. (Don't misunderstand me there, by the way, I'm an atheist, I'm just making a point about "Multi-culturism.")

Immigrants should not be able to come into this country and say, "Hey, I'm not going to learn English. I can't get a job, though, so you'd better pay me welfare. And I feel small everytime I see a Christian symbol, since I'm a Muslim or a Jew, so you'd better stop having your Christmas parties and making me feel left out." Oh, that's so irritating.

Anyway, I'm in a bit of a ranting mood and I don't want to rant, I'm serious about starting a new party, a "Seek Excellence in Yourself" party, so I'll develop that and share more on it tomorrow.

No comments: